Get the gear you need to train. Students are required to purchase and use their own gear. We can help steer you in the right direction for purchasing training equipment. If you are unsure about equipment, you can ask one of the instructors.
* items are available for purchase at Alliance AZO.
Gym bags are nice to have for carrying gear, but wet equipment left in them can cause them to smell and grow bacteria. Make sure that gym bags are aired out and sprayed with Lysol regularly.
- 16 ounce boxing gloves*
- Hand wraps*
- Thai shorts*
- Mouth guard (top only or top and bottom)
- athletic supporter and cup (for males)
- t-shirt or rashguard
Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and Judo
- Uniform* (judogi or Jiu-Jitsu gi) students may use the same gi to practice in both classes.
- Board shorts (MMA style shorts for no-gi BJJ)
- Mouth guard (this is recommended for no – gi training but can be worn for all grappling)
- MMA style gloves
- Board Shorts (MMA shorts that have velcro and tie up fastening)
General Cleaning Instructions
Keeping your gear clean is important. Clean gear helps prevent skin infections and will your equipment will last longer.
- Let it dry out. If your equipment doesn’t dry out before its next use, consider purchasing a second set.
- Disinfect the inside of gloves with Lysol spray
- Wash uniforms and hand wraps after every use. Equipment should be laundered after every use.
- If it smells give it a soak in 1/2 cup vinegar per gallon of water. Rash guards are notorious for this. Soak them overnight and the smells will disappear.